Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week- My nomination


Book Blogger Appreciation Week

I learned about this from one of my fellow book bloggers, and decided to give it a shot, and nominated my blog for Best Eclectic Book Blog, since I review across all genres, and also Best New Book Blog.

In order to be considered I have to choose 5 past reviews for them to look at for both categories, that I think best show my skills as a reviewer.  I have chosen the following reviews:
For Best Eclectic Book Blog
A Stray Drop of Blood, by Roseanna M. White (Christian fiction)
Four Perfect Pebbles, by  Lila Perl and Marion Blumenthal Lazan (YA nonfiction)
Smashed: A Story of a Drunken Girlhood, by Koren Zailckas (nonfiction, memoir)
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, by Seth Graham-Smith (historical horror fiction)
Everything is Wrong With Me, by Jason Mulgrew (non-fiction, memoir)


For Best New Book Blog:
The Good, The Bad, and Me, in My Anecdotage, by Eli Walach (nonfiction, memoir)
Pregnant Pause, by Carrie Friedman (non-fiction, memoir)
Thin Places: A Memoir, by Mary DeMuth (Christian nonfiction, memoir)
Return Policy, by Michael Snyder (Christian fiction)
Jane Slayre, by Charlotte Bronte and Sherri Browning Erwin (fiction)

To any of my new readers who may not have read any of these past review, please take a few moments to read them, they are some of my favorites!

I am very excited to be participating in this!

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting (and following) from Blog Hop Friday. I love books, too! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there...look forward to getting your posts via RSS!

    I found you via bloghop...Hope you enjoy http://jadedgymjunkie.blogspot.com

    J.V. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining Fun Follow Friday! I am now a follower.

    http://simplystacie.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower :) I'm a book junkie myself, I'd love it if you followed my brand new, only days old blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm visiting from FF! I just started a book club, and trying to get people interested in books to join if they want to. Check it out when you get a a chance at http://lemonverveinebookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am checking you out through the Home Grown Families blog hop. :0) I have a similar blog, though it is about the children's books in my son's library! I can't wait to see more of your blog though. My hubby and I are always looking for new things to read, both being book worms. :0)

    ReplyDelete