Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jane Jones, Worst.Vampire.Ever, by Cassie St. Onge

Jane Jones: Worst. Vampire. Ever.

As if being a teenage vampire is bad enough, Jane is also allergic to blood.  How does that even happen?  Jane spends her time trying to survive high school, an overprotective mom, boy troubles, and some embarrassing allergic reactions, but suddenly, she finds herself, and her family, facing some much more serious problems.  

Vampires are still one of the hot young adult fiction topics, so we have seen, and I believe will continue to see, lots of books cropping up with vampires as the main characters.  However, I thought this one sort of stood out.  I think the author did a good job of showing how teen angst combined with vampire brooding can make life hell in high school.

Kids struggle through high school all the time, so Jane's character is easy for teens to relate to, even if her dilemmas are slightly different.  I found the characters believable, as much as vamps can be I guess.  The book made me remember why I hated high school myself.  I think the book is probably most appropriate for older middle grade and high school readers, probably not a lot here to engage most adult readers, but still a pretty funny read none the less.

I received a review copy courtesy of the Amazon Vine program.


If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment