Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pinpoint, by Sheila Mary Taylor

PinpointFrom the beginning, Julia has had an odd connection to her client, Sam Smith.  When he is found guilty of murder, Sam vows revenge against Julia for failing him as her client.  She seems nonplussed, despite the fact that odd things keep happening, and people around her are getting hurt.  But when her daughter disappears, Julia must face up to reality, including the truth about herself, as well as Sam's true identity.

What an incredible book this was!  I think that the storyline was incredible, and the plot moved at a nice even pace, so that the reader maintained enough interest to never put the book down.  I loved the subtle twists and turns within the plot, making it different from any crime thriller I have read.

I particularly enjoyed Julia's character.  This is a character that has suffered her whole life long, and while your heart breaks because of this suffering, you are hungry for more of her story.  I was fascinated by the way her back story was revealed, and I really feel it helped drive the plot to it's incredible climax.

I think that fans of legal or crime thrillers will enjoy this book.  And while not a mystery in the truest sense, there is still a mysterious tone to the book that will appeal to a wide variety of readers.  I great book to keep you up late into the night.



I received a review copy courtesy of the publisher.



Did you enjoy this review?  If so, head over to my Amazon profile and vote this review as helpful!
My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment