Thursday, August 18, 2011

13 Little Blue Envelopes, by Maureen Johnson

13 Little Blue Envelopes

Ginny knew her Aunt Peg was a free spirit, but she had no idea to what extent.   After Peg passes away, Ginny receives a series of letters that lead her overseas, to new and exotic places, putting her in situations of which she would never have dreamed.  Throughout her adventures, Ginny learns more about Peg, but she learns more about herself as well.

I really enjoyed this book.  I really loved both Ginny and Peg's character.  While we never actually meet Peg, we really learn a lot about her through Ginny's discoveries.  I think that Ginny is a highly relatable character.  She is shy and nervous, but she also takes this opportunity to really live life to its fullest, and I find this admirable.  I think a lot of young adult readers will really connect to Ginny.

I think the story is really sweet, and packed full of action.  I like that the story has settings all over Europe, it really kept things interesting, and, truth be told, made me more than a little jealous of Ginny.

The story does not end at the end of this book.  There is a nice little twist that leads to a sequel, which I have not read, but I think I am pretty likely to after seeing how much I enjoyed this book.  I think this book will really appeal to young adult female readers, who will be able to live vicariously through Ginny.

This book is from my personal library.

If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment