Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Does a Bear Sh*t in the Woods?, by Caroline Taggart

Does a Bear Sh*t in the Woods?: Answers to Rhetorical Questions

Rhetorical questions are, by their very nature, are not meant to be answered.  Things like "is the pope Catholic", "et tu Brute", and "Do you know the way to San Jose'' are such an accepted part of the rhetorical lexicon, no one ever intends to have such questions answered.  But what if someone went and gave us actual anwers to such questions?  No, that question was not rhetorical, and this book clearly answers it.

I love books that are odd or unusual, that have an interesting gimmick, or is just a little offbeat, so this book was a perfect fit for me.  I found the writing to be very clever, and while I may not have been rolling on the floor laughing, more than one time this book got be chuckling and giggling.  The humor is very dry, so be prepared for that. 

I will say that this is probably not a book you want to sit down and read in one sitting.  At some point, you may get a little overwhelmed with the rhetoric, and it may lose it's funny factor.  But this is a great book to keep around and read in snippits for full impact.

If you have anyone in your family who likes sophisticated and smart humor, they would appreciate this book

I received a review copy courtesy of the publisher.
If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

1 comment: