Thursday, October 20, 2011

Seaview Terrace, by Kate Rigby


There are a lot of different people living in the apartments at Seaview Terrace, and they form interesting relationships among themselves.  Some are leaving their partners, some are mourning the loss, some are opening up a new chapter in their lives, and some are looking back on their lives with a bit of regret.  But all of them have their own stories to tell.

I am a sucker for books that tell good stories about people's lives, which I think this book does brilliantly well.  We meet many many characters, and hear stories from many different points of view.  However, the characters are so distinct and well developed, we have no trouble following the path of the storyline.  The only exception to this that I found was the same sex couple that gave all the tenants nicknames; those confused me a bit, probably because I was rushing to read the book to find out what would happen next.

I really enjoyed the stories of the people in this book.  It was like a little soap opera or mini  series playing out.  It reminded me of the tv show Knots Landing; similar instances of high drama and human interest.  Never getting overly deep into one storyline, the book instead masterfully weaves them all together.  All in all, a nice fun read.


I received a review copy courtesy of the author.



If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment