Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fu Man Chu's Vampire, by Guido Henkel

Jason Dark is back again, fighting various supernatural boogeymen.  And as always, he is accompanied by the lovely and skilled Siu Lin.  When a couple of mysterious deaths turn up, the authorities turn to Dark for help, since the cases look to have supernatural elements.  Dark and Siu Lin meet up with the evil Fu Man Chu and his various vampiric henchmen.

Oh Jason Dark, how I have missed you.  I honestly do not think I will ever tire of the Jason Dark stories, each one having its own ability to mesmerize me.  This time, I was completely captivated by the way Henkel wove the new story with threads from the past stories.  While each story can function as a stand alone novella, reading all the stories in the Jason Dark series really gives you a much clearer picture of the genius of Guido Henkel.

I was so excited to see this particular story edge ever closer to Jason and Siu Lin developing a relationship beyond partners in crime.  A particular twist of the plot made it clear that there is a strong, emotional attachment between these two.  I also liked that some seriously bad things happen to to duo in this particular adventure.  It really kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading.

We all know I adore these stories, so it was no surprise to me (and probably not to anyone else) that once again, I completely recommend this book to anyone who likes supernatural thrillers, particularly when set against a historical backdrop.

I received a review copy courtesy of the author.


If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this series..but your review has me intrigued..thanks!

    ReplyDelete